About this site...

I started this site mainly to post reviews about books I have been reading and reviewing. I also have found, being an extremely opinionated, blabbering, stubborn, Boston Irish woman (I hate to use that word because I feel it ages me) I feel the need to discuss issues that piss me off, or make me actually think about random things. I guess parenting and reading a lot will do that to you, especially if you were a former shrink and teacher who worked with violent children and their screwed up families. I often relate life experience into my reviews and grade them like a teacher. Maybe thats why I enjoy it so much. So whether you are an author, publisher, or reader looking for a new book to check out. I hope I can help you in some way.

Home

About Me

My photo
Over-achiever, getting post grad degrees in Psychology, and Special Education. I currently homeschool my oldest teenage daughter as well as consulting with local agencies with regards to high-risk juvenile offenders. I enjoy reading and reviewing books. Had Trans Lab in November 2007 for an Acoustic Neuroma at House Ear Clinic. Currently adjusting to life with SSD, Vestibular Issues, amongst other issues that go along with AN and Trans Lab.

Monday, August 23, 2010

I predict...best-seller?


The Diviner's Tale-by Bradford Morrow

Let me first start off by saying, this review is unlike most of my reviews. It is more, for lack of better words, “mushy,” maybe. This is because, very rarely do I come across a book I read that I see a great future for. When I chose this book, a mystery-suspense novel, I thought that was exactly what I was going to get. Maybe a story about a woman who helps solves crimes or something with her psychic abilities, not exactly original material, but could be a good read. But, I was in for quite a shocker. Since I rarely use words of this type to describe a book, I am feeling a bit out of my realm. OK so I guess this is where I start to get mushy. Yes this book was about some paranormal talents held by the main character Cassandra. And it had mystery and suspense, but what this book was really about what is the bonds between family and friends. It's about how tragedy effects a families and how a families cope with greif and loss and how one particular family is able to form amazing relationships between one another, and pass on traditions, through generations. It is also about love and friendship. The main charachter, Cassandra, is such a talented, wise "divine" person, who has been so well created, I could not help but be intriqued and facinated with her. This book has all of the elements of what a best-seller is made of.  

No comments:

Post a Comment