About this site...

I started this site mainly to post reviews about books I have been reading and reviewing. I also have found, being an extremely opinionated, blabbering, stubborn, Boston Irish woman (I hate to use that word because I feel it ages me) I feel the need to discuss issues that piss me off, or make me actually think about random things. I guess parenting and reading a lot will do that to you, especially if you were a former shrink and teacher who worked with violent children and their screwed up families. I often relate life experience into my reviews and grade them like a teacher. Maybe thats why I enjoy it so much. So whether you are an author, publisher, or reader looking for a new book to check out. I hope I can help you in some way.

Home

About Me

My photo
Over-achiever, getting post grad degrees in Psychology, and Special Education. I currently homeschool my oldest teenage daughter as well as consulting with local agencies with regards to high-risk juvenile offenders. I enjoy reading and reviewing books. Had Trans Lab in November 2007 for an Acoustic Neuroma at House Ear Clinic. Currently adjusting to life with SSD, Vestibular Issues, amongst other issues that go along with AN and Trans Lab.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Cult Crazy

Last Days by Adam Nevill

I have to say, not in a very long time have I picked up a book like Last Days and not put it down until I finished it. I think it was very well written, very well researched, and the author did his job. He got my attention in the first chapter and he kept it. I love a good horror story and I got it. Not to mention, I’m fascinated with cults, which is why I think he did a good job with his research. He created one that was believable enough to exist during that time, and have the beliefs that they did. I loved the idea of trying to do a documentary on a former cult, and all of the crazy paranormal obstacles that seemed to get in the director, Kyle’s, way, and I kept wondering, how much of that French History is true? Maybe the book was starting to get into my head too…

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the review. It's much appreciated. The cult history is a mix of fiction and fact - the actual cults I studied were even stranger than my fictional cult, and I don't think a reader would have accepted the real cults as plausible in fiction. The irony. Adam

    ReplyDelete