About this site...

I started this site mainly to post reviews about books I have been reading and reviewing. I also have found, being an extremely opinionated, blabbering, stubborn, Boston Irish woman (I hate to use that word because I feel it ages me) I feel the need to discuss issues that piss me off, or make me actually think about random things. I guess parenting and reading a lot will do that to you, especially if you were a former shrink and teacher who worked with violent children and their screwed up families. I often relate life experience into my reviews and grade them like a teacher. Maybe thats why I enjoy it so much. So whether you are an author, publisher, or reader looking for a new book to check out. I hope I can help you in some way.

Home

About Me

My photo
Over-achiever, getting post grad degrees in Psychology, and Special Education. I currently homeschool my oldest teenage daughter as well as consulting with local agencies with regards to high-risk juvenile offenders. I enjoy reading and reviewing books. Had Trans Lab in November 2007 for an Acoustic Neuroma at House Ear Clinic. Currently adjusting to life with SSD, Vestibular Issues, amongst other issues that go along with AN and Trans Lab.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Damaged...but Good!

Damaged- by Josephine Hart

This was a very well written book, capturing what greed, lust, and love, can drive even what may seem the most “normal” people to do. The writing style seemed almost like a play, taking place in the early twentieth century, but actually the story took place in modern times, and no play could capture the intense feelings and thoughts of the main character. The father of a prominent, upstanding, wealthy English family, has gotten himself into quite a predicament. Some may call it a mid-life crisis of sorts, but he has crossed the line over to the ultimate betrayal that will destroy his family. This father had everything going for him. He was a successful doctor, politician, husband, and father of two grown children, about to start new lives on their own. Although looks can be deceiving, and he was not truly satisfied with his life, all of this changed when he met Anna. The passion and lust he felt for Anna was so eloquently written, along with the anger and hatred he felt at times towards himself, and others who came between Anna. This erotic and dangerous affair that began with Anna consumed the father and his relationships with his family members because Anna was going to be his daughter-in-law. This story was full of emotion, the feelings of the characters were well captured and beautifully written, and the twists and turns of the story kept it interesting to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment