About this site...

I started this site mainly to post reviews about books I have been reading and reviewing. I also have found, being an extremely opinionated, blabbering, stubborn, Boston Irish woman (I hate to use that word because I feel it ages me) I feel the need to discuss issues that piss me off, or make me actually think about random things. I guess parenting and reading a lot will do that to you, especially if you were a former shrink and teacher who worked with violent children and their screwed up families. I often relate life experience into my reviews and grade them like a teacher. Maybe thats why I enjoy it so much. So whether you are an author, publisher, or reader looking for a new book to check out. I hope I can help you in some way.

Home

About Me

My photo
Over-achiever, getting post grad degrees in Psychology, and Special Education. I currently homeschool my oldest teenage daughter as well as consulting with local agencies with regards to high-risk juvenile offenders. I enjoy reading and reviewing books. Had Trans Lab in November 2007 for an Acoustic Neuroma at House Ear Clinic. Currently adjusting to life with SSD, Vestibular Issues, amongst other issues that go along with AN and Trans Lab.

Monday, January 31, 2011

The Anatomy Of Ghosts-Andrew Taylor...Must Read!!!

The Anatomy of Ghosts-by Andrew Taylor

Well usually it is a bit early to say this, but I am excited to say that I have started off the year reading a book that appears to have great promise! The book is about a man named Holdsworth, who has completely lost everything, wrote a book hypothesizing the theory that ghosts did not exist. During the late 1700s, this theory was extremely controversial and created much debate. He was then offered a once an a lifetime opportunity to prove this theory by a rich and powerful woman. Andrew Taylor's, The Anatomy of Ghosts, is one of those rare books that is able to capture historical fiction in such a way and combine it with so many other exciting features, such as scandals, secret societies, and even manage to through in a love story. The story was captivating until the last page, ...and can Mr. Holdsworth prove his theory?

No comments:

Post a Comment